Urban Air Mobility School for Cities – UAMschool4cities
UAMschool4cities’ mission is to create a learning framework and a training programme for current and future local authority employees which will equip them with the necessary skills to manage the uptake of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) services in their city. In particular, UAMschool4cities will create a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) programme for professionals of any background interested in entering the local Public Administration mobility sector.
The MOOC will enable participants to:
- Get familiar with UAM concepts and key technologies
- Keep up with relevant UAM regulatory frameworks
- Include UAM in urban development agendas
- Develop responsible and socially acceptable UAM services for the benefit of citizens
The Training programme will be piloted with 70 city employees from 10 cities across Europe. At the end of the course participants will be awarded with the ‘’UAM for Cities Certificate”.
In this project, Future Needs will develop an initial Occupational Profile based on outcomes of a series of two-day workshops in five countries with a panel of high-performing city staff already working in the area of UAM for their city. During each workshop these skilled employees will identify the duties and tasks that make up their job. The result is an Occupational Profile which describes a job in terms of specific duties and tasks that competent UAM staff must perform. The description will be complemented by a visually attractive user-friendly chart.
Furthermore, Future Needs will also design the e-learning Training Platform of UAMschool4cities, which will host the online course. The Training programme will be available in 5 languages: English, French , Greek , Portuguese , Slovenian.
At the end of the project partners will release the validated Training Programme as a service to become available for every European city and beyond.
By the end of the project partners aim to have achieved the following mid-term outcomes:
- The delivery of a comprehensive Occupational Profile for UAM public domain experts that can be utilized by Human Resources departments across local, national and EU administrations;
- The establishment of a coherent learning methodology for training public servants in UAM to be utilized by cities and Adult Learning professionals.
The longer-term impact of the project will be:
- The establishment of a mechanism that will provide cities with skilled and qualified UAM experts
- Enhanced employability of professionals from various domains through acquisition of UAM skills and competences
- Acceleration of deployment of innovative transport services in EU cities, as a result of application of newly acquired skills in practice by trained UAM experts